Thursday, March 26, 2009

Self Publishing: 2.0


Ran across this just now while enjoying the latest from artist Tommy Kane's blog and it struck me as such a brilliant and workable concept I had to share it with the world !

Artist Danny Gregory appears in Tommy's blogroll and his blog: Everyday Matters has a couple of book thumbnails promoting his sketches available in book form from Blurb at a very reasonable price.

Okay. Maybe despite my devotion to being up on all the latest and greatest I'd never heard of Blurb, but I use Cafepress and Zazzle and this is the make-your-own ala Web 2.0 concept to the ne plus ultra. ( the state of being without a flaw or defect )

Damn.

If you're a photgrapher, artist or writer, how could you lose with this? Blurb gives you the ability to create your own high quality books without the interference of an editor or art director and sell them or print a specific number for your own use.

Nuff said.

I have some ideas myself . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment