Thursday, July 9, 2009

Find your Images Anywhere

I was rummaging around on the Web the other day & looking for new stuff on Delicious when I ran across mention of a new search engine called TinEye.



As an artist, or web designer you may have an interest in finding where your images appear on the Web.

The demo clip pretty much speaks for itself. All I might add is my experience trying it out for the first time.

Several months ago I'd found and saved a great Anime character that I admired for its style and I haven't been able to rediscover the site where I'd found it.

Enter TinEye.

I uploaded the image to TinEye's Search field and hit Enter. AMAZING response - The original website instantly appeared at the top of the search results, together with all of the other instances of it, or a part of it on the web. 1.09 Billion images searched in 1.something seconds.

Prognosis: TinEye rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment